UK British News Megathread - aka CWCissey's news thread

  • Want to keep track of this thread?
    Accounts can bookmark posts, watch threads for updates, and jump back to where you stopped reading.
    Create account
https://news.sky.com/story/row-over-new-greggs-vegan-sausage-rolls-heats-up-11597679 (https://archive.ph/5Ba6o)

A heated row has broken out over a move by Britain's largest bakery chain to launch a vegan sausage roll.

The pastry, which is filled with a meat substitute and encased in 96 pastry layers, is available in 950 Greggs stores across the country.

It was promised after 20,000 people signed a petition calling for the snack to be launched to accommodate plant-based diet eaters.


But the vegan sausage roll's launch has been greeted by a mixed reaction: Some consumers welcomed it, while others voiced their objections.

View image on Twitter


spread happiness@p4leandp1nk
https://twitter.com/p4leandp1nk/status/1080767496569974785

#VEGANsausageroll thanks Greggs
2764.png


7
10:07 AM - Jan 3, 2019
See spread happiness's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy


Cook and food poverty campaigner Jack Monroe declared she was "frantically googling to see what time my nearest opens tomorrow morning because I will be outside".

While TV writer Brydie Lee-Kennedy called herself "very pro the Greggs vegan sausage roll because anything that wrenches veganism back from the 'clean eating' wellness folk is a good thing".

One Twitter user wrote that finding vegan sausage rolls missing from a store in Corby had "ruined my morning".

Another said: "My son is allergic to dairy products which means I can't really go to Greggs when he's with me. Now I can. Thank you vegans."

View image on Twitter


pg often@pgofton
https://twitter.com/pgofton/status/1080772793774624768

The hype got me like #Greggs #Veganuary

42
10:28 AM - Jan 3, 2019
See pg often's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy


TV presenter Piers Morgan led the charge of those outraged by the new roll.

"Nobody was waiting for a vegan bloody sausage, you PC-ravaged clowns," he wrote on Twitter.

Mr Morgan later complained at receiving "howling abuse from vegans", adding: "I get it, you're all hangry. I would be too if I only ate plants and gruel."

Another Twitter user said: "I really struggle to believe that 20,000 vegans are that desperate to eat in a Greggs."

"You don't paint a mustach (sic) on the Mona Lisa and you don't mess with the perfect sausage roll," one quipped.

Journalist Nooruddean Choudry suggested Greggs introduce a halal steak bake to "crank the fume levels right up to 11".

The bakery chain told concerned customers that "change is good" and that there would "always be a classic sausage roll".

It comes on the same day McDonald's launched its first vegetarian "Happy Meal", designed for children.

The new dish comes with a "veggie wrap", instead of the usual chicken or beef option.

It should be noted that Piers Morgan and Greggs share the same PR firm, so I'm thinking this is some serious faux outrage and South Park KKK gambiting here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The link alone looks horrifying.

that makes 3 issues with this in about as many months
BBC edited a piece to remove the guys history as a drag queen
Quotes:
The BBC’s original online news report from August 24 was headlined ‘Ex-drag queen caught in paedophile hunters’ sting operation’.
But, a day later, it had been changed to ‘Man caught in paedophile hunters’ sting operation’, while references to the Pride event and his drag queen act were also removed.
(…) A footnote said the story was altered to remove details not mentioned in court. But there was no formal court request to remove references to Way’s occupation or links to the Pride event, which was cancelled in late June.
 
BBC edited a piece to remove the guys history as a drag queen
Quotes:
The BBC’s original online news report from August 24 was headlined ‘Ex-drag queen caught in paedophile hunters’ sting operation’.
But, a day later, it had been changed to ‘Man caught in paedophile hunters’ sting operation’, while references to the Pride event and his drag queen act were also removed.
(…) A footnote said the story was altered to remove details not mentioned in court. But there was no formal court request to remove references to Way’s occupation or links to the Pride event, which was cancelled in late June.
Shame on you, you know the nice Kiwis want the photos the Daily Mail will have worked hard to find

1694010501138.png
Just a normal 61 year old man alternating between trying to arrange a Pride event in his area and trying to fuck a 14 year old.
 
Shame on you, you know the nice Kiwis want the photos the Daily Mail will have worked hard to find

View attachment 5320024
Just a normal 61 year old man alternating between trying to arrange a Pride event in his area and trying to fuck a 14 year old.
The thing is that that’s not even the worst pic of him in the article… how anyone can see that and think yeah, let’s book him for a kids event…
 
how anyone can see that and think yeah, let’s book him for a kids event…
To be fair, all he is missing is some rainbow colour in his hair and white paint on his face and he's a clown...

...unfortunately he would be the John Wayne Gacy variety of clown
 
The thing is that that’s not even the worst pic of him in the article… how anyone can see that and think yeah, let’s book him for a kids event…
I'm fine with that appearance as a drag act. When drag is also part of his sexual identity though that changes things a hell of a lot.
 
And that’s me assuming the Gov will screw with them.
Why do you have to assume anything? You should know damn well the UK glowies will be keeping an eye on anyone who makes certain requests. Just in case they ever feel suicidal or anything for completely unrelated reasons.
 
The Labour Party has suspended its leadership team in a key marginal seat after a row over who should represent the party at the next general election.
All Bolton North East officials have been relieved of their positions and duties. An outside convener will establish an election campaign team.
In February, nine leading local members quit, accusing a "London clique" of taking over the selection process.
The Conservatives' Mark Logan won Bolton North East in 2019 by 378 votes.
Winning seats in traditionally Labour heartland areas - dubbed the Red Wall - played a huge part in the Tories' general election victory.
The decision to suspend the leadership team was made by Labour's National Executive Committee (NEC), who said "all Constituency Labour Party (CLP) meetings will cease until further notice".

Kirith Entwistle, an activist from the Greater Manchester town, was later selected as Labour's general election candidate.

'Complaints'​

In a letter to local party members, Labour's regional director Liam Didsbury said: "I am writing to inform you that the NEC have taken the decision to suspend Bolton North East following concerns about the operation of the Constituency Labour Party.
"The NEC has a duty to safeguard the integrity of CLPs, to ensure that they are properly run in line with the party's rules and procedures and can operate fully, inclusively and democratically."
Mr Didsbury added: "A structure will be put in place to ensure the smooth running of the general election campaign. The Labour Party is fully focused and committed to winning the general election and the Bolton North East constituency."
In February, a statement from the nine members - including chair Tony Shepherd, vice chair Florence Hill and secretary Bernadette Gallagher - said: "Following the announcement of the long-list for Bolton North East, we now lack confidence in the integrity of the Labour Party's selection process and have collectively resigned from the selection committee and the executive position we hold.
"Yet again, it appears that the Labour Party is seeking to promote the views and attitudes of a clique in London, rather than local members in the North.

"This goes against the attitude necessary to win back the 'Red Wall', which is desperately needed to deliver a Labour government."
A Labour Party spokesperson said a "significant number of complaints regarding the conduct of Labour Party members" had been received.

Labour continuing to punch themselves in the dick.
 
A protest has broken out near a cosmetics shop after a video circulated of a woman inside the premises being restrained by a staff member.
Hundreds of people gathered outside the shop on Rye Lane in Peckham.
The BBC is not showing the video of the incident for legal reasons.
Police said a woman had been arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed. BBC reporter Guy Lynn said he had been told of previous tensions between the black community and some local shopkeepers.
The road was closed for a time due to the protest but has since reopened. The Metropolitan Police is urging people to remain calm.

'Thorough investigation'​

Det Ch Supt Seb Adjei-Addoh said: "We know people will be concerned about the video circulating online of incident in a shop.
"Our officers attended [the shop] on Monday and continue to investigate the full circumstances of what has taken place. The investigation will include reviewing the actions of everyone involved.
"I would like to thank people in our local community for remaining calm and giving us the time to conduct a thorough investigation.
"If you have information that may help us I would urge you to get in touch."

Marlon Kameka said he joined Tuesday's protest to show "solidarity with black women".
He told BBC London: "Women are at the bottom of the hierarchy, especially black women, and it's about time we changed that."
Presentational grey line

At the scene​

Guy Lynn, BBC London News
This protest has drawn hundreds of participants.
Some of those here have been sitting on the road, temporarily halting buses and other traffic. Passing drivers have been blaring their horns.
The shop that was the focus of the protest - which the BBC is not identifying - is now boarded up and there's a presence of about 15 police officers nearby.
I've seen some protesters kicking the boarded-up storefront, with others actively working to calm feelings down.
Presentational grey line

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said: "I know Londoners are concerned by the events in a shop in Peckham.
"I am in touch with the Met and am urgently seeking further information."

Unlike the pussies at the BBC I absolutely will show you the videos, because fuck em
 
Unlike the pussies at the BBC I absolutely will show you the videos, because fuck em
The moment 10 seconds in after she's swung at his face twice and he face palms at the realisation he's going to have to manhandle her and all that he knows will follow is brilliant.
 
I imagine she was trying to steal? I can't even tell what she was carrying
 
I imagine she was trying to steal? I can't even tell what she was carrying
Not certain. At bare minimum I assume the employee was asking her a question. Near as I can tell from this video it goes as follows over the 16 seconds
00:00 - employee on phone/radio
00:01 to 00:07 - she reaches him and he stops her to ask her questions. Looks like he does touch her at this point to stop her from leaving. He has either a phone or radio in one hand
00:07 - she slaps him in the face
00:09 - she tries the same again and he blocks her
00:10 - he puts away the phone or whatever and face palms
00:11-00:13 - she keeps trying to get past him to leave in the process grabbing a shopping basket
00:14-00:16 - he gets hold of her and moves her away from the door. Other customers look bemused

So my guess is they suspected that she was shop lifting and said "excuse me can we? Can you stop trying to leave we just want to? Why'd you assault me? Why'd you keep trying to assault me? Damnit all let's get away from other customers." Since it took her less than 10 seconds to go from being asked to stop to committing assault I am going to assume the same thing I would if a white man did that. She was stealing. I might be wrong but that's a swift move to committing a crime if not.
 
The story is she supposedly wanted a refund for something, which was refused, so in typical smooth-brain monkey fashion decided to simply try and take shit instead. More footage from inside the store, rather than CCTV:

Also the Daily Mail had this absolutely kino screenshot from it:
75342967-12509491-Dramatic_footage_shows_a_scuffle_between_a_woman_and_man_believe-a-3_1694542...jpg
 
Hard to tell who's going to get the media support (if its not swept under the rug). The black woman is lower on the privilege ladder than asouth asian man, but she was also the one stealing.

Black v pak.
The unstoppable force (a black thief) meets the unmovable object (an Asian shopkeep)
 
Their attempt to turn this into a race thing and blame *wHitE SupReMAcY* is just so typical.
And it doesn’t even work. Majority of big cities are diverse. And everyone know the kind of shops where this happens. Meaning the person stopping the shop lifter is never white. They are either Asain or Indian. White people have better shit to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom