Donald Trump has unleashed over yet another incident of horrific violence, which saw a father beheaded with a machete in front of his family.
US President Donald Trump has directly addressed yet another incident of horrific violence during which a father was beheaded in front of his family, declaring the “time for being soft on these Illegal Immigrant Criminals is OVER under my watch!”.
An illegal immigrant with a lengthy criminal history who was previously released under the Biden administration was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly beheading a motel manager in front of his family and kicking his head “like a soccer ball,” according to authorities and reports.
Yordanis Cobos-Martinez, 37, started an argument with his manager, Chandra Nagamallaiah, at a Downtown Suites motel in Dallas on Wednesday morning while cleaning a room with another employee at the motel, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
Mr Nagamallaiah, 50, told the pair not to use a washing machine that was broken, but Cobos-Martinez, a Cuban national, grew irate over the manager enlisting the motel worker to translate the instructions instead of speaking to him in Spanish, the document said.
Surveillance footage, too graphic to publish, then allegedly captured Cobos-Martinez leaving the room, pulling out a machete and slashing Mr Nagamallaiah.
The manager ran to the motel’s office where his son and wife were, while still under attack, the affidavit detailed.
Mr Nagamallaiah’s panicked wife and son tried to intervene, but Cobos-Martinez continued until his “head was removed from his body,” according to police.
Cobos-Martinez then gruesomely kicked Mr Nagamallaiah’s head twice into the parking lot, picked it up and threw it in the dumpster, police allege.
Witnesses called 911, and police allegedly found Cobos-Martinez covered in blood and still holding the machete a few blocks away.
He had previously been in the custody of ICE’s Enforcement and Removal Operations at the Bluebonnet Detention Centre in Anson, but was released under the Biden administration, an ICE spokesperson said.
“This barbaric criminal was released because Cuba would not accept him because of his criminal history,” they said.
“Cobos-Martinez allegedly used a machete to behead a merchant he had an argument with in front of the merchant’s spouse and child,” the spokesperson added.
“Reportedly, Cobos-Martinez then kicked the head of the victims ‘around like a soccer ball’. ICE has lodged the detainer with the Dallas County Jail, where this criminal illegal alien is being held.”
An ICE detainer, also called an “immigration hold”, is a tool used by ICE to apprehend individuals who come into contact with local law enforcement and potentially place them into federal deportation proceedings.
The US president slammed the killing on Monday, listing a catalogue of Cobos-Martinez’ previous crimes.
“I am aware of the terrible reports regarding the murder of Chandra Nagamallaiah, a well-respected person in Dallas, Texas, who was brutally beheaded, in front of his wife and son, by an ILLEGAL ALIEN from Cuba who should have never been in our Country,” Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social.
“This individual was previously arrested for terrible crimes, including child sex abuse, grand theft auto, and false imprisonment, but was released back into our Homeland under incompetent Joe Biden because Cuba did not want such an evil person in their Country.
“Rest assured, the time for being soft on these Illegal Immigrant Criminals is OVER under my watch!
“This criminal, who we have in custody, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law. He will be charged with murder in the first degree!”
Commentators and social media users have drawn links to last week’s killing of high-profile conservative activist Charlie Kirk at Utah University, and the random killing of a 23-year-old Ukrainian refugee, Iryna Zarutska, on a train in Charlotte on August 22.
Decarlos Brown Jr, a homeless man with schizophrenia and at least 14 prior arrests, has been charged with first-degree murder for the fatal stabbing of Ms Zarutska.
Despite his extensive criminal history and recent bizarre behaviour, including claims that “man-made material” was controlling his actions, Mr Brown Jnr had been released without bail in January 2025, and a court-ordered mental competency evaluation scheduled for July was never completed before the attack.
Tyler Robinson, 22, is at the time of writing being questioned over the fatal shooting of Mr Kirk.
Robinson was arrested after his father recognised him from FBI photos and encouraged him to surrender, with court records revealing ammunition found with the alleged murder weapon was inscribed with politically charged messages, including “hey fascist! CATCH!”
Until Mr Trump’s comments earlier today, there had been outrage by many in the US’ Indian community and others who felt American media had underreported the atrocity.
For context, Mr Nagamallaiah and Mr Kirk were brutally murdered on the same day.
The X hashtag #ChandraNagamallaiah is still seeing a constant flow of fresh outrage.
-With the New York Post